Saturday, December 20, 2008

Great achievements!

Did you know, that when their children are diagnosed, many parents are told by Drs that they will not be able to expect meaning conversation with their child? Their children will probably not spontaneously say "I love you" or initiate a back and forth conversation with them. (We were NOT told this, by the way, but I read about it.)

Matthew did several great things this week and I want to document them while I can remember:

  1. Today I was leaving for Mom's to help clean. I told him I was going bu-bye and he asked: "Where?"
  2. While changing light bulbs in the computer room, he was watching intently and then came running to ask: "What you doing?"
  3. He was trying to put a new puzzle together this week and was getting a little frustrated. When I walked into the room he looked up and said "I need help!"

I will continue to wait patiently for the day when he comes to tell me "I love you, Mommy!" I know without a shadow of a doubt, that he will do it.

No comments: