Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Conversations

When Gary and I found out we were pregnant with Matthew, I remember picturing different scenes in my mind about being a mommy. I distinctly remember picturing riding in the car, conversing with my little one! I'm living out that dream today. While it may not be the typical type of conversation for a 2.5 year old - I'm lovin' every bit of it!

Matthew will pick up random words, especially from the news on the radio. His articulation is advanced, and he'll repeat some pretty big words and stick them into conversation. He has no idea what they mean, it cracks me up!

Here is a conversation we had on the way home from small group today. While the mommy's meet for group, some friends watch our kids for us.

Matthew: I missed you!

Me: I missed you too!
Matthew: Play with Kari.
Me: Who else did you play with?
Matthew: Faif (Faith), Cora, Jat (Jack)

Matthew: forecasting. forecasting! FORECASTING!!!!! (Until I acknowledge this)
Me: Yes, forecasting.
Matthew: What's that say? (As he sees road sign.)

Me: Road work ahead.
Matthew: Road work ahead. Protest
Me: Yes, protest.
Matthew: I missed you.
Me: I missed you too.
Matthew: Go home. Go night-nights.
Me: Yep, its almost time for night-nights.


Its so much fun! I'm loving it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww that brings tears to my eyes. That is the best feeling ever!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cindy! i have goose bumps and tears. I am so happy for you!-Tammy D.

Tammy Lynn said...

I am laughing out loud! Those are the things you don't ever want to forget!